Send your opinions, pictures or articles to post: sanpasecblog@hotmail.com

School group on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=30642011272&ref=ts

You can also leave your comments in the different posts!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Love remained the same


Creative writing - Rosario Gonzalez Plaza
For my writing task I chose to write a fictional letter from Sanaubar, a minor character in The Kite Runner, to her son Hasssan. In it she finds the atonement she had been looking for for so many years. Despite the very little information the readers are given about Sanaubar’s character, I felt this fictional letter would return her the honor she was deprived of. On the other hand, I felt that Hassan’s character, his tenderness and kindness, had to have a more profound origin, and by giving the creation of his life such a passionate encounter I believe the reader would have another reason to feel touched by the story.




Love remained the same

Hassan agha,
There are certain things about life we are not given the right to understand. There must be, for unfairness seems to be present in our blood.
Memories, my dear, have the power to shed tears of joy… and pain as well. I remember the moment I saw your eyes for the first time while you were being delivered as well as I remember the moment I turned to see my front door for the last time …
The word LOVE never made more sense than the day I found out I was pregnant. It s out of my capacity to describe the million things I felt at that moment. Because the creation of a new being whose soul is the fusion of two passionate lovers can only be compared with the elation of daydreaming.
And that’s why my heart bleeds so much when I think of the pain and loneliness lies might have caused you, the most innocent of all. But I am not writing to discuss my feelings, I am not writing to be reasonable either. And I don’t want to preoccupy myself either with what my actions might have caused you. Instead I just want you to know the truth you deserve to hear despite all the years you were deprived of it. I want you to feel, for once, the love that’s inside you.
So this is love, this is you. I remember the first time I crossed looks with your father. Your father, not the honorable man who raised you. Yes, I remember. It was an unspoken secret; we had fallen for each other. We shouldn’t have. Yet we couldn’t help it. It was not meant to be. He took the risk of coming to my window one night and stared into my eyes… I will never forget the tenderness of his look, window of the sweetness of his temper, the benevolence of his heart and his sparkling soul. We kissed. There was no need to chat. Kisses reveal the unspoken. We made love with the clarity of passion. There were not two people on earth with more purity of love than ours. There were no two people on earth with more opposite destinies either. I opened my eyes the next morning to find myself next to the man I loved and praised, and to shed a tear for what was about to come.
Baba loved you, he loved you infinitely. He loved you so much he would give his dear son to his servant and best friend to make sure you had a better future than the one already written for you and to have you close to him, even if that reminded him of his guilt daily. He would love you so much he would do everything in his hands to be sure I was still alive, saving me from my fatal destiny for violating my family’s honor. There were lies to disguise the truth … lies whose cost you probably had to pay; lies about me that my imperfect memories try to vanish but the burden on my consciousness is still on my fragile shoulders.
We never saw ourselves again closely enough to find in each other’s eyes again the peace we both so much longed for. I had to run away right after you were born, for we could not risk the life of the three of us. If someone else had found out we would have been chased and stoned to death .Our family honor would have been stained forever and we, remembered as criminals. It was only me who ran away, but we all made sacrifices. And we did it for love. We did it for you, the blossom of our connection.
There’s no shame in truth. Men seem to find shame in freedom. Regardless of everything and upon reflection I have felt like the most blessed woman on earth ever since I saw your father for the first time. There was no room in your father’s heart, great as the world, to feel anger or resentment as he understood about honor and responsibility. But I understood about unfairness and sorrow. Away from the man I loved and my adored son, it took me a long time to find peace with myself and the world again. It took me more than it should have. But that’s why I came to you, my son, with no more mourning or crying or pain, but with just the treasured gift of truth and the healing power of love.
I hope you can forgive us.

Loved you always.
Sanaubar

No comments:

ir arriba