Send your opinions, pictures or articles to post: sanpasecblog@hotmail.com

School group on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=30642011272&ref=ts

You can also leave your comments in the different posts!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Blood Diamond"


I have just arrived from watching a movie called "Blood Diamond" and I am still shocked, and I truly think that I would be shocked for too many months.
I couldn't help crying during and in the end of the movie, in a way I felt guilty because I do have everything and more than what I need to live, in another way because I do anything to help those people, those KIDS and finally I realized that I cried because it made me realized that all of us don't know a little f*cking thing about anything that is going on somewhere else besides our tiny world.

I do believe in God - I love my God more than anything else in this world because HE never leaves me alone and HE is my faith by which I keep on living and walking through life.
But I have to confess that today I will be the one that judge HIM and ask him WHY DO YOU ABANDON THEM? I have met your grace and your wisdom - I know about your love towards us, your sons - You have showed me that you are real, that you are the greatest thing that WE AS HUMAN BEINGS HAVE.
So, I don't understand HOW ARE PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER WHILE LIVING IN A SAME COMMUNITY WITH THE SAME RELIGION AND THE SAME STANDARD OF LIVING? WHY ARE CHILDREN KIDNAP AND TRANSFORM INTO SOLDIERS? - WHY DO WE PERMIT THIS TO HAPPEN? - WHY DO YOU PERMIT THIS TO HAPPEN? -


When I was 14 years old I thought that my destiny was to travel to Africa, exactly to the Democratic Republic of Congo, because I felt that I have too many since I was a kid and the children from there haven't have nothing at all since they were born - And they live in such a great and inhuman condition; those who don't have HIV, they have mortal diseases that were defeated in the first world during the Industrial Revolution. Or those kids and adults that die because malnutrition because they don't have even the food to eat at least once a day.
So, then everyone judged me that while my country was also dying because of malnutrition I would left and go to another continent - So I decided to stay and to study and to achieved the knowledge necessary to become a decent politician and help MY nation to become a great nation and solving poverty, injustice and inequality.
But then, today I realized that maybe my dear God doesn't want me here but there. Once He sent me a phase from the bible that claims: "Quiero que se comporten como verdaderos discípulos del Evangelio de Cristo" - This phase has become my destiny, my purpose in life byt which I would march towards my finally meeting with God. The meaning of this phase which is a long written piece gave me the answers to all my doubts about my future, about every single uncertain thing that I had.
Now, I become to realize that while I was asking HIM why did he permit that situation in Africa, I wasn't asking me WHY DID I PERMIT THAT SITUATION? My mother told me some minutes ago that I wasn't able to help them, AM I? I don't know and I do not want to know because I believe in grace and I believe in hope - I believe that peace and love is much more stronger than death, desolation and some destructive weapons as well as power, money and ambitious people.

As I live day by day I find myself facing different kind of situations - Now, I find myself thinking that while some of us are thinking about the trip to Bariloche or whatever, others are dying - others are being kidnap to be taught to become soldiers at my age or maybe younger than me.
While millions of people have lost everything because of war and poverty I am flighting to USA in a trip family.
While billions haven't have not even food enough to eat once in a day I am thinking about not eating in the next trip to the mountains just because I find myself too fat. And not just me is willing to give up eating . . We just don't know or care about what we f*cking have.

I sward that I try to learn every day of my life something about what's going on around the world, or at least to realize that our bubble it is not the real world.
Until now I thought that I wasn't living in my "metro cuadrado" but now I came to realize that yes I was.

So, I write this monologue to make me remember that I have a compromise with not only my society but with a whole continent - I believe in my God and I believe in myself. This is what, in the end, I truly Have.

Maybe one day every one of us will compromise to live for himself and for the others and that would be the day in which the world 'd start to be different - too dammed different.

No comments:

ir arriba