Send your opinions, pictures or articles to post: sanpasecblog@hotmail.com

School group on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=30642011272&ref=ts

You can also leave your comments in the different posts!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

9th Graders Views

Did the invention of the car change the world?

The car absolutely changed the world in many different ways. It has simplified the people’s life.
In the first place, the car has solved the problem of travelling to very very long distances. In the time when there was no car, travels that now can be made in an hour, lasted 5 or 6 , more or less.
However, the invention of the car has produced a lot of pollution, and a lot of accidents all over the world. Anyway, we can reduce the level of pollution by using the public transport, or any other alternative transport; and accidents can be reduced too, with police watching over them and see that they respect the transport rules.
To sum up, the car has changed the entire world, but not just for good, also for bad.

by Guillermo Martín Neme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best teacher I have ever had

The best teacher I have ever had was incredible , her name was Yolanda. Every day she gave us a lollypop. On fridays we always played diferent games, like tic-tac-toe or Simon Says and others. We learned a lot with her.
I had this teacher in 6º grade, in English. In all the tests I had 7 or 8, it was fantastic because when your mark was 8, 9 or 10 she gave you two lollypops and an ice-cream. My final mark in the year was 9 and that year because of that nine I was the best of all my class so I was very happy, I could't belive it, it was my best year and my best teacher, Yolanda.
Last year she had an accident and she died, I was very sad because she was the best person and teacher.
by Felipe Casanova

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The badness within him

Dear diary;
Today I suffered a lot. I’m full of badness and for a long time I wanted a big change. Now the changed happened, nothing will be the same because my father is dead.

Today, I got up, I had breakfast with my family and I tried to play with Jess. I kicker her under the table and my mother was hungry with me. They went to the beach and my father came from the city. He went to the beach too.
I decided to be alone so I climbed a mountain. But it was terrible because from there I saw my father drawing. When I saw my father body in my house I knew that the change had taken place and that I was not a child any more.
by Luis Nougues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst summer

These holidays were very bad and I felt sadness inside me.
At first, we went to the same beach like the other years. Jess went with the oldest people and I got alone every day.
One day, I was very bad with a horrible humor and I decided to walk on a very high mountain. My father, who visited us every weekend, was swimming in the sea and he began to drown, but I didn't know, I had never imagined that. My father was dead and I thought it was my fault.
I have the image of my father drowing in my mind head and I can't erase it. I feel very bad because I failed to my father.

by Gonzalo Martínez Zavalía
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The importance of music in your education

The music is very important in our education and in our culture. Music is a way of expressing our feelings and all the important things that happen in our lives.
Music is important in our education because by learning music we can express ourselves and it is very important for our culture. Music also can change our personality, our style of clothes, but also music could be bad for our education. It depends what type of music we listen to, we can change our life, we may end drugging and smoking and we can do then bad things.
For me, music is a part of culture that we have to care about.
by Benjamin Padros
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tran

Tran was a girl who was eight years old. She was in pat and Andy’s house as a refuge from the wars which had been ravaging Southeast Asia for decades. Tran’s parents were alive but they felt that she would be safer if she went to the United States to live.
One day a letter arrived to Andy and pat’s house. It brought dad news. It said that Trans`s parents had been killed in a guerrilla in their village which was really an overcrowded camp. This was brutal. After learning about this news, Tran decided to live with Pat and Andy and decided to stay in the United Stated. She was going to learn all about America. Andy and Pat loved Tran and all they wanted her to stay forever.
Later, a second letter came. It was from a distant relative of Tran’s. The letter said that there was a place to live with a relative’s mother of Tran’s parents. Tran decided to go but when she was going to go to her country. A new letter arrived. It said that the mother of Tran’s parent had been sent to Canada so Tran thought that the mother was safe in Canada and she decided to stay with Andy and Pat. Where she lived happily forever. My opinion is that Tran’s decision was sight because old woman in Canada was going to be safe and Tran was going to be very happy with Andy and pat.
by Facundo Barrera
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report: Classmates` ambitions

Introduction
As requested, I have prepared a report of our classmates` ambitions. I spoke to 23 pupils and the results are presented below.

Profesional Positions
About eighty per cent of the pupils I have asked, want to be profesionals, as lawyers, doctors, architects and other similar occupations. All these pupils want to be successful people in the future.

Service Positions
Around fifteen per cent of the rest of pupils want to work in shops, restaurants, or be housewives or do other similas jobs.
Other pupils
Five per cent of the pupils in the class do not know what to do because they do not have enough information about different occupations.
Conclusion
To conclude, most eople want to have success in their lives, but there is not enough information about the different jobs you can do. I would recommend to make a reunion with all the pupils and talk with them and also different workers come so they would give a better idea of their jobs and success in their lives.
by Magdalena Navarro Vitar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best teacher I have ever had
When I was a 6 years old child, I was in Saint Patrick's School. Our teacher was Miss Maria Eugenia. We hada lot of fun with her, and she was very friendly and polite.
We played tic-tac-toe, almost every class. When the class was going to start she gave us some candies and lolypops and we listened to music, when we were bored. But, one day, terrible news depressed me. She was leaving because she was going to have a baby! I was very sad, and we organised a party to say goodbye to her.
The next year, in second grade, we had a big surprise! She was our teacher again!!! It was really great. Everyoneas happy. We learned while we were having fun! And that is the best teacher I have ever had.
by Candelaria Romero
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Informal transactional letter
Dear tom;
Hello! Have your exams finished? I can’t wait for you to arrive!!
You said, you want to go to a concert while you’re here. It’s a fantastic idea because there are some great concerts this season at Washington hall.
You can choose out of two concerts. We will miss The Wilson Brother because you are living on the 21st aren’t you?
The firsts concert is The Robbers on the 16th, 17th or 18th. They are great! I like them very much. Tickets are $15 each.
The Royal Orchestra are playing after that. Have you ever hear of them? They play classical love music. I don’t know $25. Cost, is not a problem because I had got the money of my last birthday. Decide which one you want to see and I’ll gel the tickets before you came.
Next, I would like to go to “Parque de la Costa” with you. It is great.
Now, I have to go to Mary’s house.
See you soon

Paula d’Agnillo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report: classmates' ambitions
Introduction
As requested, I have prepared a report on the ambitions of class mates at St Patrick school. I spoke to 22 classmates and the results are presented below.

Profesional career
A large number of students about fifty per cent, stated that they intended to follow professional careers as doctors, architects, journalists, accountants and teachers. All of these people wanted to study at university to have good future

Service industry
Few people, around twenty per cent of my class mates , would like to leave school at eighteen and work in restaurants, hotels , shops and other services . They think it would be more relaxing than having a professional career

Other shops
The rests of my class mates, about fifteen per cent have not decided yet .They are thinking about being electricians. Plumbers and other similar accupations

Conclusion
I would recommend getting legal advice before choosing your career. You have to think that this is for the rest of your life and you have to enjoy it.

by Candelaria Paz Posse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Informal Letter
Dear Dean,
Hi!!! How are you? , It is been a long time since I haven’t written to you. I’m writing to tell you about my holiday and all about the family I m staying with.
The family is fabulous, they are very nice with me . This family has 5 members, john, Anna, Sophie, Peter and Sam. I think that they are the best family I have ever met; when I arrived they were waiting for me
The last thing …. The house is beautiful!! .. It has 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms . The kitchen, etc, it is very big. I sleep in one bedroom , alone , where I have all my things .Next to me is Anna s bedroom , she s my age , so we talk about each other very night
Write to me soon, best wishes
Kisses

Sofía Soler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best teacher I have ever had
The best teacher I have ever had was my first grade tacher, Miss Jacoba. She was a great teacher.
Before entering the class, Miss J. made us dance to be warm and begin the class with energy. I loved dancing and singing. During the class she made us play a lot of game, and her way of teaching was great because se made us have fun and learn dancing and palying games.
I remerber taht when it was the student's day and Christmas, she gave us candies and toys.
Unfortunately, we didn't have her again as a teacher so I miss her a lot. I would like all the teachers to be like her!
by Emilia Napadensky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best teacher I have ever had

The best teacher I have had was Miss Marta Mule. She was my teacher in 2nd. grade in Saint Patrick's School.
She was a funny teacher, she always wanted the best for their students. Their classes were fantastic, we always had fun, we laughted a lot, but when we mis behaved she got angry with us and when we had tu study, we studied.
Until now, she was the best, I'm only 14 years old and I don't know if in the future I will have a better one. I hope I will have a better one.

by Marina Lopez Figueroa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Letter to my brother
Dear Dean,
Hi!!.Hope evething`s okay. Let me tell you about my pen friend and his family. They are amusing!!.
Well, the name of the family is Smith. The mother is called Angelina, the father Ben, Peter, my pen friend, and his brother sam. They are so nice people!!!. They live in London, in a wonderful house, with an enormous garden. Any way, they are so fantastic!!. Peter and I , go to the cinema eveyweek.Now Angelina, is prepearing a delicious dinner for us!!!.Last week, we went to the cinema with Sam too.Oh, and another thing! I`ve never seen such a beautiful city!! It has a lot of things to do!!.
I`m very happy here but i miss you a lot !! .The Smith are perfect!! but you are my family, and I `ll never change that!!
Okay, I think that`s all for now. See you in April.
Best wishes,
Magui
by Magdalena Navarro Vitar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Informal transactional letter
Dear Tom:
Hi! What about your family? How are they? I wish you were here, there are lots of things I want to tell you.
You told me you are coming on the 15'th of June and you'd like to go to a concert, so I decided to go and look for some information for you. We have some options, first a band called "Miranda" is coming. It is very good and I like them because it is pop music but you have to know that they just leave on the 15'th of June so we'll miss them.
A few days later "The Robbers" are coming, I don't know If you like rock music so you have to tell me quickly because I have to book tickets befotre 6'th.
A day before you leave, there is a Royal Orchestra and they play classic and romantic music. I heard about them, the comments are very good, so that's a good idea to go to. Please decide which one is better for you and let me know and don't forget to bring your birthday money.
Now I have to go to study for my exam,
Love you,
Mercedes Pindar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Writing one day in Anne's diary
Tuesday November 8 1954

This morning I woke up thanking God for protecting us because yesterday the air-raiders where flying near here.
We didn’t have breakfast because we have to save our food.
Mother was sad because we didn’t have food and money to buy something to eat, also Mrs. Van Daan was angry for that too.
In the afternoon, I went up to study with Peter, I was helping him with his french lessons and he helped me with history.
I heard that a lot of people die every day in the concentration camps. I wish some of my friends were still alive so, in case the war ends, i could talk with him or her.
At nigth, we eat some potatoes and bread, I’m very hungry, but I thank god that I have something to eat at least.

By Philippe Delaporte

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear students I really felt HAPPY to read your compositions in this blog!!!!!! They are FULL of mistakes, but your intention and enthusiasm to be part of this is Much More IMPORTANT!!

Congratulations boys!!!!!!!!!!!!! You see? Sometimes you´re better than girls...

GO ON!!!

Thank you Vale Becker, you are great too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nora Gelsi.

Nora Gelsi said...

Good girls!!Congratulations for your participation too!!!
It´s nice when people get involved, go on trying hard!!!
I´m sure you can!!!
Nora Gelsi

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

ir arriba